Dear pet owners,
At AniCura, the health, safety, and wellbeing of our patients, our people and our community continues to be our number-one priority amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
Now that we are all well aware of the paramount need to prevent the virus from spreading to more people, we all have a personal responsibility to do our part. And as an essential business that plays a critical role in supporting public health through veterinary care, we are taking numerous steps at AniCura to continue offering high-quality, compassionate care to pets in need as long as we can maintain a safe and healthy environment for our staff and everyone else who comes through our doors.
The situation is evolving daily, and our actions are adapting as we know more about how to react to the impacts of COVID-19. As we face this challenge together, we want to give you visibility on the steps we’re taking at AniCura:
Several steps have been taken to protect our clinical employees who are on the front lines providing essential services to pets in need during this unprecedented time, including but not limited to:
- Personal hygiene best practices, hospital cleaning and disinfection guidelines, and responsible personal protective equipment (PPE) usage requirements have been deployed and continually reinforced throughout our hospitals.
Pet owners & Pets
In addition to the steps we’re taking to protect our people, we’re also committed to delivering high-quality care for your pet. But we need your help!
- Our furry friends are welcome to us with ONE of their owners
We want to limit the number of visitors to just one person per patient. Accompanying family members are requested to wait outside.
- We are happy to see you – but we won’t shake hands
Viruses thrive on our hands, so please avoid touching your face. This is otherwise something we are in the habit of doing 4-16 times an hour without thinking about it.
- Wash your hands thoroughly several times a day
Wash your hands with soap and hot water – both before and after your visit to us.
- Cough and sneeze into the bend of your elbow or into a paper tissue
Not into your hands! Throw away the tissue after use.
- We maintain the very highest standards of hygiene
Our clinics focus extremely strongly on hygiene, they are cleaned and disinfected strictly.
- If you are feeling sick or if you have visited risk area, please, call us before you come for an appointment
We’re here for you, the pets you love, and the communities we live in and serve. And we appreciate your patience with us as we navigate this crisis in the best way we know how, with the best interests of people and pets at the forefront.
And sincere thanks to those of you who’ve shared words of encouragement and stories of appreciation with our staff and each other along the way – your kindness goes further than you may realize among the veterinary teams working hard to care for you and your pets during this trying time.