This is a course for veterinarians and nurses wanting more knowledge and understanding of anaesthetic considerations for specific conditions in dogs and cats. Also pre-anaesthetic assessment and pre-medication in these circumstances will be discussed.
This two day course is theoretical but interactive with simulator training and case discussions.
The course language is English.
The course is aimed for veterinary nurses and veterinarians with some experience in small animal anaesthesia as well as more advanced veterinary nurses and veterinarians that want to brush up and improve their knowledge.
Eva Eberspächer-Schweda, DVM, Certified Specialist, Dipl ACVAA (American College of Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia) See subpage 'Lecturer' for more information.
After the course the participants will:
- know of newly available anaesthetic drugs, their effects, side effects and how to use them in small animal patients
- be able to use advanced monitoring techniques and understand normal and abnormal parameters
- be able to interpret abnormal vital parameters and have an idea how to prevent and treat common complications
- be able to formulate an anaesthetic plan and manage anaesthesia in dogs and cats with cardiac disease
- know the guidelines for small animal cardio-pulmonary resuscitation
- be able to set up and calculate continuous rate infusions
For a detailed programme see subpage " Programme". An overview of the content:
· Multimodal and balanced approach to small animal anaesthesia
· Advanced respiratory and cardiovascular monitoring
· Anaesthetic management of the small animal patient with specific conditions (cardiac diseas)
· Simulation training
· Case discussions
A certificate will be forwarded after the course.
The course fee is 2000 NOK/day (incl VAT) for Non-AniCurians.
AniCurians - costs will be handled internally according to the AniCura CPD policy. If you have any questions, read our FAQs or contact your practice manager or email@example.com. Late cancellation/no-show fees will be invoiced. Places are filled on a 'first come, first served' basis.
For General Terms and Conditions, see attachment.
To sign up to the event start by selecting quantity in the booking option below. Secondly you fill in your personal details, email address and answer the questions. Thirdly select payment by card (for non-AniCurians) and fill in requested information. To finalise your booking press the button "Book" at the end. Confirm your registration by pressing the button "Confirm" in the pop-up window. Within a few minutes you will receive a booking confirmation to your email, follow the link in the email to complete your booking. Once you have done that you will receive another email with a registration confirmation. Then you are registered. If you have any questions about this you are more than welcome to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact the organiser email@example.com if you have any questions.