Welcome to an online course in Diagnostic Imaging of the Emergency Patient!
This online course is aimed at veterinarians working with emergency patients who want to develop or refresh their knowledge in abdominal- and thoracic emergency radiographs and ultrasound.
The course is accredited for the Swedish Specialist in diseases in dogs and cats programme.
The course is given in English.
After the course participants will be able to:
- Choose the correct imaging modality and have knowledge of the modalities that can be complimentary for the clinical question.
- Set up a structured and efficient approach to interpret emergency abdominal- and thoracic radiographs.
- Perform and interpret emergency ultrasonographic and echocardiographic examinations (point of care ultrasound/POCUS).
- Describe the diagnostic findings and write a structured imaging report.
- Have knowledge of the indications for more advanced ultrasonographic and computed tomographic examinations.
- Have knowledge of current literature and websites.
The course is set up in three modules, each with their own topic. Each module contains pre-recorded webinars, radiographs for interpretation and practical tasks to work on between modules, together with recommended literature. Each module will finish with a live interactive webinar session. During the duration of the course there will be a possibility to interact with the lecturer and between participants. The course material is released three weeks prior to the live webinar session and can be completed in your own time but should be completed before the set dates for the live interactive webinars.
Module 1: Introduction to different diagnostic imaging modalities. Normal appearance of the abdominal and thoracic cavities and pathological findings focusing on detecting effusion and gas on radiographs and ultrasound.
Module 2: Emergency radiology and ultrasound focusing on the thoracic cavity.
Module 3: Emergency radiology and ultrasound focusing on the abdominal cavity
(See course registration site for more details)