During 2018, a new supplier Code of Conduct was developed to increase focus on sustainability in the supply chain.
Supplier Code of Conduct
AniCura selects partners with whom we want to build a long-term partnership in developing the veterinary market. We want to ensure that our suppliers are equally committed to improving the long-term sustainability of products, services as well as the end to end supply chain in which we operate. This means that we have high expectations on our suppliers and their efforts to improve conditions for humans and animals as well as improving the environmental footprint.
In addition, AniCura expects all its suppliers to be fully compliant with local laws and legislations and AniCura has zero tolerance regarding unethical business behavior including, but not limited to, bribery, corruption and forced labor according to international declarations and ILO conventions.
The AniCura Supplier Code of Conduct defines the main principles that we expect of our suppliers. All suppliers and their sub-contractors are expected to comply with these principles and have a transparent communication on their progress, for example on their websites.
Care of Humans
- Provide a healthy and safe work environment at all production sites
- Ensure a diversified workforce and have zero tolerance policy regarding discrimination, harassment or any other form of abuse including forced labor
- Prohibit the use of child labor
- Have a management system in place to secure good working conditions according to global accepted systems such as WRAP, BSCI, SA8000 or Sedex. The management system includes continuous audits and follow-up
Care of Animals
- Focus on animal welfare throughout the value chain and comply with EU legislation concerning animal testing
- Respect of privacy and intellectual property in the development of products suited for patients
- Deliver products and services that as a minimum fulfill European product legislation
Care of our Environment
- Have documented ways of working to reduce the Company’s effects on the environment, preferably certified according to an Environmental Management System such as ISO 14001 or EMAS
- Reduce unnecessary transportation through optimizing orders and logistics
- Ensure usage of materials that are to as high degree as possible of sustainable and reusable material
If the supplier has detected a breach of any of the above activities the supplier shall without delay inform AniCura so that relevant and mitigating actions can be taken immediately.