About the job
As the Procurement Manager DACH at AniCura you will hold an important position within the central organisation for Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Focus areas of this ambitious position include, but are not limited to, strategic and analytical procurement work, negotiations with and management of suppliers, identification of best practices and participation in group-wide projects. The wide scope of the function, that is embedded in a high growth setting, provides significant room for an experienced, entrepreneurially-minded, pragmatic and value-driven purchaser.
- Develop, lead and execute local purchasing strategies, aligning with key stakeholders
- Coordinate purchasing across practices, ensuring that costs are controlled, and efficiencies achieved
- Manage and monitor supplier relationships
- Negotiate prices, contracts and conduct tenders for local agreements for DACH, aligning with group procurement
- Track and report procurement metrics to follow up spend and improve compliance and purchasing effectiveness
- Identify and share purchasing best practices between practices to encourage professional purchasing throughout the group
- Support in arranging and project-managing supplier-practice events such as supplier days, practice trainings
- Follow up and maintain commercial terms and service levels with suppliers based on both local and central agreements
- Identify, coordinate and drive procurement improvement projects both internally and with suppliers
- Conduct regular supplier reviews with practices to follow-up supplier performance and address challenges, aligning with Group Procurement
We are looking for a pragmatic, value-driven person with a strong customer-minded approach. You are able and willing to work very “hands-on” with the clinics, develop and implement strategic purchasing approaches while at the same time negotiate with suppliers and contribute in company-wide projects.. A passion for pets is an advantage but not a requirement.
- A Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree or similar degree in business economics, commerce or finance
- Several years (preferably > 5) of work experience in similar roles and industries including working in an international organization
- Experience with leading complex, cross-functional sourcing projects
- Excellent negotiating techniques with exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Experience in a fast-paced, growing business environment is an asset
- The ability to organise, prioritise and structure your area of responsibility as a self-driven person
- Excellent communication and collaborations skills and networking capabilities
- The affinity to experience the veterinary field and to identify yourself with AniCura values
- Willingness to travel in DACH region and joy to work remotely with an international team
- Fluency in German and English.
AniCura is present at 200 European locations and creates peace of mind for pet owners through excellent access and patient safety. Every year, AniCura’s 4000 employees attend to more than 2 million companion animal patients. AniCura is a trusted training and referral body.
By submitting an application, I agree that my data is registered and processed for recruitment purposes under these terms and conditions.