Welcome to a course in Sterile Technique and Instrument Care!
The aim of the course is to enable participants to understand the different principles of disinfection and sterilization, in order to work independently from a high hygienic standard, as well as obtaining an understanding of consequences and through this knowledge, work in a preventive way. The course will evolve around AniCura's Instrument Handling Guidelines which will give participants all they need to know for high quality instrument handling. The course is split into two modules. Module 1 is online and module 2 i onsite in Copenhagen.
The target group for this course are those who are responsible for and work with cleaning, disinfection and sterilization of instruments.
The course language is English, and it is a theoretical course.
Maria Hansby, Senior supervisor and Manager for the sterile technicians' education in Sweden.
Maria has been responsible for training, education and implementing educational training centers within disinfection and sterilisation both in Sweden and globally in countries such as Germany, UK, Singapore and Hong Kong. She was project manager for an EU project creating a standardised curriculum for education for disinfection and sterilisation (VEDAS).
This course is set up in two modules:
Module 1: Online - Release April 28
Participants will be required to read the Instrument Handling Guidelines and answer a related quiz. There are also pre-recorded webinars to watch and a related quiz. This is done in the participants own time but before the start of module 2. All course material will be accessed through a course platform.
Module 2: Onsite in Copenhagen - May 11-12
Two full days of onsite lectures in Copenhagen.
For more detailed information see 'Programme'.
- the cleaning, disinfection and sterilization of medical devices using both manual and automated processing
- different methods of decontamination and sterilization and the proper techniques for these processes
- the critical criteria and interpretation of the documentation, for an approved process and parametric release
- quality control and validation processes during decontamination and sterilization
- optimal handling and preservation of medical devices
- the classification, composition materials, corrosion and damage of instruments
- proper care and maintenance of instruments, visual inspection, lubrication and function control
- barrier systems and their use and function
- the international standard EN/ISO 17664, EN/ISO 15883 and EN/ISO 17665
After the course, participants will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to be able to understand and manage:
- laws, guidelines and rules, concerning the cleaning, disinfection and sterilization process
- physical and chemical disinfection methods as well as steam sterilization
- different equipment and chemical products for cleaning and disinfection
- the principles concerning loading on equipment
- interpretation of process parameters and other criteria for product release
- control, tests and validation basics
- instrument materials and the effect on those by the process
- identification of damage on instrument, maintenance and prevention management
- functions control for instruments
- the use of different packaging materials
Amager Strandvej 401, 2770, Kastrup
4/28/2022 6:00 AM
5/12/2022 4:00 PM