A priority topic for every high-quality clinic! This course is run for the 5th year in a row with very positive course feedback! This year with an online set up!
This online course aims to equip participants with the specialist skills and knowledge necessary for innovative and effective sterilisation services. The course will evolve around AniCura's Instrument Handling Guidelines which will give participants all they need to know for high quality instrument handling.
Patient safety is crucial for AniCura and correct handling of our surgical instruments and other multi-use equipment plays an important role in preventing health-care associated infections like surgical site infections. To promote this highly important topic and our Instrument Handling Guidelines, AniCura Group will this year support AniCurian participation by sponsoring this course, giving a lower course fee for AniCurians.
The target group for this course are those who are responsible for and work with cleaning, disinfection and sterilisation of instruments.
The course language is English.
Maria Hansby, Senior supervisor and Manager for the sterile technicians' education in Sweden.
Maria has been responsible for training, education and implementing educational training centers within disinfection and sterilisation both in Sweden and globally in countries such as Germany, UK, Singapore and Hong Kong. She is project manager for an EU Project for education for sterile techniques.
- The cleaning, disinfection and sterilisation of medical devices using both manual and automated processing
- Different methods of decontamination and sterilisation and the proper techniques for these processes
- The critical criteria and interpretation of the documentation, for an approved process
- Quality control and validation processes during decontamination and sterilisation
- Optimal handling and preservation of medical devices
- The classification, composition materials, corrosion and damage of instruments
- Proper care and maintenance of instruments, visual inspection, lubrication and function control
- Information about current international guidelines
After the course, participants will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to be able to understand and manage:
- Laws, guidelines and rules, concerning the cleaning, disinfection and sterilisation process
- Physical and chemical disinfection methods as well as steam sterilisation
- Different equipment and chemical products for cleaning and disinfection
- The principles concerning loading of equipment
- Interpretation of process parameters and other criteria for product release
- Control, tests and validation basics
- Instrument materials and the effect on those by the process
- Identification of damage on instrument, maintenance and prevention management
- Functions control for instruments
- The use of different packaging materials
4/21/2021 6:00 AM
5/19/2021 3:00 PM