Welcome to a course in Internal Medicine with a focus on Laboratory Diagnostics!
For the 5th year running we are happy to be offering this very appreciated course, this year extended by one day and online! It is aimed at veterinarians and biomedical analysts who want to learn more about the systematic diagnostic approach to the most common patients within internal medicine.
Accredited for the Swedish specialist in diseases of dogs and cats programme.
Other specialisations can be applied for upon request.
The course is given in English.
After the course the participants will:
- Have an understanding of commonly used laboratory diagnostic tools
- Have deeper knowledge about pathophysiology in major disease processes in small animal practice
- Be able to make correct interpretations from deviations of laboratory parameters in the internal medicine patient
- Have a structured and effective approach to the diagnostic work up in different internal medicine cases, including the bleeding patient, hematology, acid base disorders, endocrine patients, kidney disease, gastrointestinal disease and liver disease
- Have knowledge about common laboratory work including the most common analytical and preanalytical errors and how to avoid these
Due to the COVID-19 situation we have decided to make this an online course instead also giving the participants the freedom to join the course from home or at work. For the best online experience we recommend a stable internet connection and the use of a headset. The course is interactive so you as a participanst are always welcome to ask questions in the chat.
Josefine Öberg, DVM, Dipl ECVCP.
Rebecca Berg, DVM, Dipl ACVIM, ECVIM.
9/16/2021 6:30 AM
9/18/2021 5:00 PM