Welcome to a course in First Day Competencies in Anaesthesia!
The aim of this online course is to acquire a solid basic knowledge and competency in small animal anaesthesia that allows the veterinarian or veterinary nurse to perform safe and adequate anaesthesia in healthy small animal patients with a high standard of care.
The course language is English.
Eva Eberspächer-Schweda, DVM, Certified Specialist, Dipl ACVAA (American College of Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia) See subpage 'Lecturer' for more information.
Veterinarians and veterinary nurses starting with anaesthesia and experienced veterinarians and veterinary nurses who want to refresh and boost their basic knowledge and competency.
This course offers a comprehensive introduction and overview on small animal anaesthesia and analgesia. All important aspects will be covered, starting with the anaesthesia machine, monitoring and common complications, anaesthetic and analgesic drugs, overall perioperative management and anaesthesia protocols in healthy dogs, cats and rabbits. Lots of examples, case discussions, demonstrations and also small homework assignments are included.
This online course is set up in six live online modules with weekly Monday webinars from 8.15 - 13.00/15.00. Between modules there are small homework assignments to be completed.
For a good online experience a computer and a stable internet connection is required, a headset is also recommended. The participants are expected to take part interactively, on camera, during the webinar sessions. Instructions will be sent approximately one week before the start of the course. A course certificate is sent after completion of the course and requires attendance to all modules and completed assignments.
After the course the participants will:
- understand the parts and function of the anaesthesia machine and are able to troubleshoot in case of problems
- know the commonly used monitoring devices and and understand the information/numbers displayed
- be able to interpret abnormal findings and have an idea how to prevent and treat common complications
- understand the effects and side effects of anaesthetic and analgesic drugs
- be able to weigh advantages and disadvantages of drug protocols for individual healthy patients (dog, cat, rabbit)
- be able to anaesthetise and manage healthy small animal patients with a high standard of care.
4/25/2022 6:15 AM
5/30/2022 1:00 PM