This is an online course for veterinarians and nurses wanting more knowledge and understanding of anaesthetic considerations for specific conditions in dogs and cats. Also pre-anaesthetic assessment and pre-medication in these circumstances will be discussed.
This three day course is theoretical but interactive with simulator work and case discussions. All material, links for joining sessions, as well as recordings of the lectures will be available at the ACE learning platform. Please observe - this course is attended for LIVE attendance , NOT to be taken on-demand whenever suited.
The course language is English.
The course is aimed for veterinary nurses and veterinarians with some experience in small animal anaesthesia as well as more advanced veterinary nurses and veterinarians that want to brush up and improve their knowledge.
Eva Eberspächer-Schweda, DVM, Certified Specialist, Dipl ACVAA (American College of Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia) See subpage 'Lecturer' for more information.
After the course the participants will:
- know of newly available anaesthetic drugs, their effects, side effects and how to use them in small animal patients
- be able to assess and stabilise the critical patient for anaesthesia and how to manage that patient in the perioperative period
- be able to use advanced monitoring techniques and understand normal and abnormal parameters
- be able to formulate an anaesthetic plan and manage anaesthesia in dogs and cats with cardiac disease
- be able to formulate an anaesthetic plan and manage anaesthesia in dogs and cats with neurologic or renal disease
- be able to formulate an anaesthetic plan and manage anaesthesia in dogs and cats in shock or with other life-threatening diseases (ASA 3 to 5 patients)
- know how to place a central venous or arterial catheter and understand advantages and disadvantages
For a more detailed programme see subpage " Programme". An overview of the content:
· Multimodal and balanced approach to small animal anaesthesia
· Advanced respiratory and cardiovascular monitoring
· Anaesthetic management of the small animal patient with specific conditions (respiratory disease, cardiac disease, renal disease, neurological disease, pheochromocytoma)
· Anaesthesia in critical emergency patients
· Central venous as well as arterial catheter placement
· Case discussions
If you have participated in the AniCura Advanced online Anaesthesia course in 2021 or 2022, you may still be interested in participating in the "Anaesthesia More part A" course. The topics discussed are mostly new in comparison to the previous advanced course. There are 2 lectures that overlap (Management of patients for laparoscopic surgery and Caesarean section) and one lecture that was previously covered in the Anaesthesia Basics course (Anaesthesia in rabbits).
In the "Anaesthesia More part B" course the topics are mostly the ones covered in the previous advanced course and only a few new topics are added (Simulator based discussion, Anaesthesia in dogs with PDA and pulmonic stenosis, Central venous and arterial catheter placement).
For a good online experience a computer and a stable internet connection is required, a headset is also recommended. The participants are expected to take part interactively, on camera, during all of the webinar sessions. Detailed instructions will be sent out approximately one week before the start of the course. A course certificate requires attendance to all modules and completed assignments if these occur. If requirements are fulfilled a course certificate is sent after completion of the course.
Accreditation for specialist programmes and national credit points can be requested by contacting the organiser four month before the course starts
The course fee is EUR 880 (excl VAT) for Non-AniCurians.
AniCurians - costs will be handled internally according to the AniCura CPD policy. If you have any questions, read our FAQs or contact your practice manager or email@example.com. Late cancellation/no-show fees will be invoiced. Places are filled on a 'first come, first served' basis.
For General Terms and Conditions, see attachment.
To sign up to the event start by selecting quantity in the booking option below. Secondly you fill in your personal details, email address and answer the questions. Thirdly select payment by card (for non-AniCurians) and fill in requested information. To finalise your booking press the button "Book" at the end. Confirm your registration by pressing the button "Confirm" in the pop-up window. Within a few minutes you will receive a booking confirmation to your email, follow the link in the email to complete your booking. Once you have done that you will receive another email with a registration confirmation. Then you are registered. If you have any questions about this you are more than welcome to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact the organiser email@example.com if you have any questions.